Friday, January 20, 2012

Introduction... Hello and welcome

Hello.

I am Sarah.  I am a full time mom, wife and nurse.  My initial hope in beginning a blog was to share my world with others, as if my world is that interesting.  So then I came to the realization that, "Hey, I'm a mom... a nursing mom.  I like to read blogs from other moms.  They help me realize that I'm not the only crazy woman out there.  What if my blog was that helpful to other moms?"

So here's what I have to say.

1. Getting started is the hardest.  I promise to get better at blogging as I get more used to writing them.  I don't promise perfect grammar... I'll end a sentence with a preposition (does anyone remember what those are anyway?), I'll mix up whether and weather, I'll try to keep your and you're straight, I totally over use the exclamation point and spelling has never been my strong point (sorry Ms. Hawley, my 6th grade English teacher, who definitely earned her keep that year!).

2. I don't intend to "bare it all" on the blog-o-sphere, but I am known to not hold back.  Let's face it, it's my blog and being a mom, a wife and a nurse can bring up; hmmm let's see, touchy subjects... I do intend on sharing.  Life is raw... What's so bad about that right?

3.  I LOVE the natural influences of being a mom.  Don't get me wrong Miss A definitely gets her share of Mac N' Cheese and chicken nuggets... but what I mean is I LOVE that nature is so perfect when it comes to being mommy.  Like the fact that I always seem to wake up like 2 mins before Miss A does for her nightly feedings... how amazing is it that being a mom is that natural?

4.  I read a lot about Breastfeeding.  I am nursing Miss A, who is 16 months old.  I intend on nursing her as long as nature allows.  Since I am also a RN, I take great interest in breastfeeding relationships, and how to empower mothers to have the best breastfeeding relationship they desire.  I am open minded and understand that not everyone desires to breast feed their child for long periods of time or for any length of time, but I AM a breastfeeding advocate.  I believe EVERY DROP COUNTS.  I believe that breast milk gives every infant the best start to life.  I believe that if more mothers breast fed their babies, that it would drastically improve the public health spectrum; more on that later.  I think that many times mothers are not given the BEST support for them to be the MOST successful (or as successful) as they want to be in their nursing relationships!  With all of that said, more on breastfeeding later... just expect it.

5.  Nope.  I don't consider myself "crunchy" or "granola," but have always said I'm "almost a tree hugger."  I cloth diaper my Missy Prissy and use bio-degradeable soap, but she's wearing a disposable now.  Doesn't that make sense.

6.  I totally expect and want feedback.  I'm just saying... no one really blogs just to have give their "typers" a workout, or their mind a place to go for a few.  I do care what you think.  Blogging is boring without comments and feedback.  Plus it'll help me know which topics you (the totally awesome, completely relating to my mommy business and crazy hectic life reader) interest you most.  Tee hee... I may even add an resourceful link or a recipe in the mix a time or two.

ENJOY!  I look forward to this journey and challenge in life.

Oh, and for extra entertainment... heres a cute picture to start off my blog.  

6 comments:

  1. Hello NurseMeMom,

    I share your view that breast milk gives your child the best start it life. Breastfeeding helps promote the bond between mother and child.
    Breastmilk contains immunities that are passed to your child. Breastfed children get sick less often. The best is breastmilk is free, always available, always at the right temperature, and never goes bad.

    Good start on your blog. I look forward to reading it. I'm not one to hold back either...so bring on the topics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! I think you'll be as awesome at this as you are at everything else you go for. Plus, it's such a great idea. I know I'll be tuning in often. I love to hear you speak your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start, Sarah. I'm looking forward to your blogs. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete